In recognition of our high-quality patient care and laboratory practices, we are accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) for autologous and allogeneic transplants and cell therapy for adult patients, and autologous transplants for pediatric patients. We offer peripheral blood and marrow transplants, a procedure that involves collecting blood-forming cells from circulating blood, also known as peripheral blood, instead of taking them from the bone marrow. We also perform umbilical cord blood transplants, in which blood rich in stem cells is taken directly from a donor umbilical cord immediately after a baby’s birth.
We specialize in autologous and allogeneic transplants for adults and children to manage the following conditions:
- multiple myeloma and other plasma cell disorders, including primary amyloidosis
- all types of Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- all variations of leukemias, including acute myeloid leukemia, chronic myelogenous leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- myelodysplastic syndromes
- myeloproliferative disorders, including primary myelofibrosis
- aplastic anemia
- hemoglobinopathies, including sickle cell disease
- adult germ cell tumors
- pediatric cancers, including neuroblastoma and brain tumors
We also offer haploidentical transplants for children and adults. Haploidentical transplants are a type of blood and marrow transplant that uses healthy blood cells from a half-matched donor. This means the donor matches half of the patient’s human leukocyte antigen (HLA), a type of protein, or marker, found in cells.
Through the use of haploidentical transplants, we have expanded and diversified our pool of donors to include more people from underrepresented ethnic and minority groups, so that every patient can find a potential donor. We are also a full member of the National Marrow Donor Program, which gives us access to donors from across the country and around the world, increasing your chances of finding a matching donor.
Blood & Marrow Transplant Program: https://nyulangone.org/locations/blood-marrow-transplant-program
View our doctors: https://nyulangone.org/locations/blood-marrow-transplant-program/doctors
Blood & Marrow Transplantation & Recovery: https://nyulangone.org/locations/blood-marrow-transplant-program/blood-marrow-transplantation-recovery